Contract Clarification with the Relevant Environments
For the consultant, it can be of great benefit if he can also speak to key persons/function leaders in the team’s environment. These can be interfaces, conflict partners, customers, senior managers, personnel department etc.
In such conversations it is particularly important to
• create an atmosphere, in which it is more probable that the conversation partners also say things which they did not expect
• enquire about concerns and needs with regard to the team
• indirectly check one’s own hypotheses
• enquire about cold conflicts and resignation with regard to changeability with the conversation partners and
• pay attention to non-verbal reactions and messages
This enables the consultant to observe the blind spots of the entire team and to enrich the material for the analysis of the guiding process patterns of the team.